Thursday, June 25, 2009

King of Pop, Gone? R.I.P.

I use to idol Michael Jackson! And it all started with my best friend, Natalie Brockbank, in about 2nd or 3rd grade. Natalie had a dvd with all his music videos. And we would just go into her basement and watch all the videos in her huge theater. We would laugh until we peed our pants when we watched “Childhood,” and I was always too scared to watch “Thriller,” it would give me nightmares! I had all his music on my bedroom computer, and Natalie and I would dance around my room for what seemed to be hours!

So, that probably all happened about the summer before my 3rd grade year. Then in Ms. Rogers class, Natalie and I wrote about a 2 page story about how much we loved Michael Jackson. (Hahaha, we were REALLY obsessed!!) But I totally remember the story! We had this vision of Michael Jackson coming to our Adelaide Elementary school and picking us up in a limo. Then we would drive to Arbys with him, and eat Arbys sauce right out of the packet! (we ate those all the time together. Haha eww!) After that we would go to his “Wonderland” theme park.


I totally remember Ms. Rogers telling us to stop singing his songs all the time in class too.

Another memory was staying up late on a Sunday night watching some kind of award show. Everyone had gone to bed except mom, dad, and me. I got to stay up because MJ would be performing, and I really had to see it! Then when he came on, I seriously remember jumping around on the couch and singing along.

How did I find out about MJ dying? My sister had text me and asked if he had died. And I thought that was totally out of the blue! So I googled it, and there was only one news report. It had said that he was just sent to the hospital, and that more information would be coming. Haha, then I refreshed the page and WALA! Disaster strikes. I started crying, and immediately called Natalie. We had a laughing/crying conversation of all the memories we had, and how closer of friend we had become because of his wonderful music.

Then I had to talk to my mom about it. And surprise surprise, she didn’t answer her phone. But I kept on calling, and she eventually picked up. I told her the bad news, and I could tell she was in complete shock. She then told me that she was exactly my age when Elvis died! That’s so crazy! Michael Jackson will definitely be remembered by all the good he did in his life.

R.I.P. King of Pop. The tears don’t stop coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment