It seems my life revolves around music. And I’m pretty sure a lot of other peoples does too. Music is everywhere. It’s on the radio when you’re in the car. It’s on your ipod when you wake up in the morning. It’s in the elevator when you’re going to the doctors office. It’s on the played on the streets when you’re walking down the middle of the Gateway mall. Then when you're at church, the hymns you sing bring the spirit! Music is one of the most influential things a teenager has. I've played violin for many years, and I'm starting guitar this summer. (and I WANT to play piano...)
Last week, music wouldn’t leave me alone. I had 2 “dorkestra” performances. One was a concert, and the other was a “festival.” At the concert, Aaron Ashton was there! He is an AMAZING violinist. But he loves fiddling! So, after he did a little performance, my mom ran into him in the back of the WX auditorium. She decided to talk to him, and explain that I was one of the students in his fiddle camp last year- and that we were going to Ireland in a few weeks. Aaron got excited! He told my mom all the great places to fiddle at in Ireland. Including all the pubs, and incredible teachers. So now I’m excited! But that means I have to take a violin over to Europe now. :)
I’ve always loved concerts. Jack Johnson, Angels & Airwaves, and Big A$$ Show, are all some bands I’ve seen. This summer I’m planning on going to: The Fray, Jacks Maniquin, Warped Tour, the Cab, Big A$$ Show, and maybe Rocket Summer. Concerts are just remarkable, because it’s the music coming to life! Plus lyrics are so important to me, and just being surrounded by them is astonishing.
Last week, was the MAE CONCERT!!! Totally one of the best bands in the WORLD!! My sister fell in love with them a few years ago, and not they’re my favorite!! So here’s my story.--I was pumped to go, but I didn’t know anyone else who listened to them. So I asked EVERYONE! And I finally got a few girls from my math class to go. So we bought our tickets, and were all getting excited. Then on Saturday I get a call, saying 2 out of the 3 couldn’t go. Therefore, it would only be 2 teenager girls instead of 4 at a crazy concert. Then Kassidy (the only girl I would be going with) and I tried calling EVERYONE to see if they wanted to go. But Woodscross’s Woodstock concert was that night. So they were all going to that. But Kass and I were determined to have fun.
So we get there and are in line to go into the Avalon. And I saw an old friend, Josh, in line for the show. He was with a bunch of friends and we playing hacky sack. (and off to the corner were 2 guys playing Frisbee.) Then I see one of the guys go up and tap Josh on the back. Josh turned around and the lead singer of Mae was asking if he could join in their game. (Josh was sorta REALLY freaking out. This was his 7th Mae concert. Crazy!)Then bla bla bla. Just concert. But kassidy and I were about 3 feet away from the singer, Dave, and we were REALLY squished. But we had a blast. I was singing along with every song, same with everyone else in the crowd. I even got the drumstick that the drummer threw at the end of the show! Not to mention there was a cool encore! We had too much fun!
That was all last week. But this week hasn’t seemed much different. Just today I was at Rose Wagner Theatre. My mom and I went to watch Ballet West’s “Innovations.” This is a huge thing that BW puts on every year. Last year we weren’t able to go, but I STILL remember going to it the year earlier. But at this production, it’s not your typical ballet. The first performance was all from a mix tape. No orchestra here! And the dancers were all dancing in a “modern ballet” style. I had to hold back tears a few times it was SO beautiful. Then the 2nd performance officially made me cry. The choreographer was named Jason, and he listens to some pretty cool music. So he arranged for a local SLC band to come and play for his dance number. He choreographed all about his dad dying last year, and how hard it was for him- and his mother. This band called “I hear Sirens” just sat down in the orchestra pit. Drums, guitars, and an amazing pianist. Plus the dancers were full of so much emotion! What an incredible production! I can only wish I could be as an unbelievable dancer as they are. And as they say; “Dance is music made visible.”
So there you have it. music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment