We headed to St. George this past week to spend Easter with my grandparents. My cousin Jessie drove down too with her 3 kids. We went to Easter Egg Hunts, and to the yearly Arts Festival. All tradition! Not to mention we had our “bunny cake” that we eat each year.

At one point, Bella (cousin) and I were outside jumping on Grannies trampoline. Then a CUTE little boy, who was staying in a trailer next door to Grannies house at the shop, asked if he could come over to jump with us. He was adorable! So I said yes! He came over and explained to me that he was 4 years old and his name was Jonah. And that him and his family were staying there.. (but… I didn’t know why or for how long.) Anyways- I just fell in love with Jonah! (hmm, and isn’t it ironic that that’s the little boys name from “The Last Song” book that I just read?)
Well then for the next day, I just saw Jonah outside and trying to come up with “boy adventures.” He’s be walking around with a stick, or even begging for his older sister to come outside and play. Unfortunately, I figured that the family was rather poor. SO that’s why the night before the Easter Bunny was coming, I had a great idea!
Mom, Granny, and me headed to the Walmart down the street to pick up some fun Easter eggs and treats. We ended up picking up some cute little Easter eggs that were previously filled with candy. We also picked up some bubbles that I hoped the kids could enjoy.
Then later that night, Granny and I snuck over. We hid the eggs and put a little note with chocolates and the bubbles sitting on their stairs. Then next morning, I of course slept in. But Granny was up bright and early. She got to see them picking up the eggs, and she got pictures! I thought it was adorable!! I’m so glad I could’ve helped out these cute little kids.
Also, while I’m at it- I might as well wrap up my swim season. This year I decided to join my High School Swim team! And I loved it! I met so many great new friends, and enjoyed working with them for hours every single day. Every day, besides Sunday, I was in the pool for about an average of 4 hours. The events I enjoyed swimming most are: 100 Fly, 100 Breast, 50 Free, 200 Medley Relay, and 200 Free relay. For it being my first year swimming, I didn’t do too bad. My 50 free time was 29 seconds, and my 100 Fly time was 1 minute, 20 seconds. I hope that next year I can concert more and hopefully make it to State.But honestly, so many memories were made this year with the team. Unfortunately- most of them will be leaving. The seniors will all be gone next year, and so with both of my coaches. But I’m hoping that that will only make me focus even more on the times that I want to improve.




Hurray! A Post!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're sticking with swimming- it seems like you want to try a new sport every year- I could have sworn next year it was going to be fencing.