This week I said “See ya in 2” to yet another one of my friends. I went to his farewell on Sunday, and holy crap. He made everybody laugh SO hard! Nothing compares to when a 19 year old boy stands up and says… “Last time I introduced myself on this pulpit I was an S.O.B., but this time, I’m not an S.O.B., frankly because I’m not the Son of a Bishop- since my dad was recently released.”
He pulled so many funny jokes throughout his 25 minute talk. He thanked his two-year-old niece for teaching him “Swiper no swiping!” and told his little brother, “maybe you’ll grow up to be half the man I am.” Not to mention he bore his testimony in “my native mission language”- English. Maybe you just have to know him, but this kid is hilarious. In fact, he use to do standup comedy at the school talent shows. haha!
My friend had gone through a lot of hardships, and I truly believe he will be one of the best missionaries in the world!
After his “final speech to the masses,” I walked up to him and gave him a hug. While he was still being “the funny guy,” I said my goodbyes.
On Tuesday night, I was taking a well needed nap, since I had been at Seven Peaks all day. Apparently while I was snoozing away, my friend had stopped by. My mom pulled into the driveway right as he was walking away from my un-answered door. My mom let him in the house, and he woke me up by coming into my room. “Ciera! I’ve got a half hour until I’m set apart!”
We talked and talked- about all missionary stuff. I’m glad he’s going to serve the people is California! I can tell he already has SUCH a special place in his heart for them.

Levi: you are one my very best friends. Thank you for your testimony and for staying strong in the gospel through all of your hardships. You are one of the people I can talk to about anything- and I’m sure you’ll hear all about it on the postcards you will soon he getting in the mail. Have fun, and see you in two. (but really it’s one million, thirty six thousand, and eight hundred minutes til I actually see you again.)

No comments:
Post a Comment